Video Translation Instructions Using Frame.io
Thank you for assisting with the translation of the interviews that The Cultivation Project recently captured of your ministry! To get started, please follow the directions below:
1. Please find an email in your inbox from "Frame.io". (This is the website that we are using to host the video interviews and help organize our translation process).
2. Open up the email and click, "Join Project".
3. Proceed by creating an account.
4. Once you create your account and verify your email, you will be taken to a main home page that looks similar to this:
5. You should find all of the video interviews of the people who were interviewed in another language during our stay with you on this main page.
6. From there, double click on one of the interviews to open up the file and begin watching.
7. You will be taken to a new screen that looks like this:
8. On the left hand side of the screen, you will see the main video player (which works very similarly to YouTube). The right hand side is where you will see comments, which I will explain further below.
9. Begin watching the video by clicking on the triangle play button (you can watch from the beginning or skip around by moving the progress bar).
10. When you find a part of the interview that fits the theme that we are going for, please pause on that specific part of the video and leave a comment by typing in the comment input below the video player.
11. When typing a comment, all you have to do is start typing and then press the enter/return key on the keyboard, and it will automatically leave a comment.
12. Leave comments like this: *Use this clip starting here* and *End of Clip* to cue us when you would like us to use that specific portion of the interview.
13. Once you figure out which portion of the interview you would like us to use, start translating the video by typing the English translation in the comments section.
14. I'd suggest that for every 5-10 seconds of interview, please leave a new comment with the english translation. After doing every step above, the right hand comments section should look similar to this:
15. Once you are finished, simply email us back letting us know that the interviews are ready to be edited into the documentary.