EMPLOYEE DONATION MATCHING
This page is intended for people who have already donated to The Cultivation Project this year and would like to request a donation match by their employer. If you have donated to The Cultivation Project in 2018, please feel free to look up your employer/company and submit a donation match for free below:
1) Search for your employer by typing in the name of your company in the search bar above. Select your employer from the list that drops down when you start searching.
2) Enter in your name, employee email, the donation date, and your donation amount to The Cultivation Project (see sample image below)
3) Submit your match to your employer. Depending on your employer, further instructions may be sent to your work email. Otherwise, if approved, your employer will match your donation and send The Cultivation Project a check!
What if my employer/company doesn’t show up when I search for them?
Not every employer/company participates in employee matching programs. However, there’s also a chance that they just haven’t been added to the system. The next time you donate to The Cultivation Project, please follow the process below to submit a matching request from your employer/company:
1. Please head to https://my.cultivationproject.org/give/181612/#!/donation/checkout
2. Check the box next to “Would you like your employer to match?”
3. Click on “Not in List?”
4. Enter in your Employer/Company Name & work email.
5. Submit a new donation.
How does the employer matching work?
The platform that we use for employer matching is called Amply. Generally, employers/companies want to show appreciation to their employees by matching donations given by the employees, so they participate in these employer matching programs. As a result, when you give to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations such as The Cultivation Project, your donation may be eligible to be matched by your employer through Amply. If your employer/company participates in the program and matches the donation, we will receive a check from your employer/company for almost the same amount (minus processing fees).
*Because we are a faith-based non-profit organization, not all employers/companies are willing to match donations towards us. However, it doesn’t cost anything extra to try and submit a match with your existing employer/company.
Do I have to pay anything?
When a donation match is made by your employer through Amply’s platform, Amply takes a 10% cut of the matched donation as a processing fee. For example, if you donate $100 and it qualifies as a match from your employer, your employer will also contribute $100, and after a 10% processing fee of the matched donation by your employer, a total of $190 will be sent to The Cultivation Project.
Are my donations still considered tax-exempt to The Cultivation Project?
Yes! Because we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your donation is considered tax-exempt. Your personal contributions are recorded by our accounting team and we will send you a contribution summary at the beginning of the new year for your tax records.
Have any other questions about Amply? Please head to https://www.giveamply.com/faq
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any other questions. Thank you!